Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Headed out!!!!

Day 1.1



Headed Out!!!!



377 miles 7 hours



On the road………………… Crew change day that started at 0001 May 31, that’s one minute past midnight May 31, 2011 for all you who don’t know military time. I’m on watch at 0001 off watch at 0600 (6am) but as the Good Lord had it we where sitting around waiting dock space and I was able get some extra rest before I made crew change. My relief is due on the ground in Houston at 8:30am and should be to Port Arther by 10:00am, an hour and a half back to fleet. One hour in the grocery store, fuel up, some odds & ends, this & that’s, and hope Houston/Katy Tx is no-where in my rear view mirror at 3pm.



1st Fuel stop is Waco. Fuel, stretch, ……., Wheels rolling making miles.



2nd Stop is Bowie top off the fuel just before Wichita Falls so in the morning it’s up and on the road.



Our rest stop tonight I hope to be in an rv park called Coyote Ranch Rv Resort in Wichita Falls Tx. I’ve prepaid the spot because I plan to get there after business hours. We’ll pull-in find the spot, hit the showers, and than the bed.



I’m pushing hard or at least harder than I’d like this first day in order to make the schedule for the rest of the trip more manageable. I hate driving in places I’ve never seen before at night, when you can’t see anything. Although I’ve seen almost everything between Houston and Amarillo many times, Pasquale has not. In order to make certain places on time I had to make the decision to drive at night somewhere and this is the portion I decided to do it in. Payton will get to see the area between Houston and Amarillo on the return trip home.



It’s looking like we should arrive at Coyote Ranch about 10:30pm – 11:00pm. With an hour to settle-in and shower I hope to lay down by midnight. (Earlier if lucky) The plan for Day 2 is up EARLY 5am……………….. Everything put away and on the road again by 6am. I’m shooting for KOA Santa Fe Nm. about 4pm…(3pm Local time)…. This will be a much needed break I’m sure…….. Supper with Brother & Sister AND crew’s…………



Tug & Pasquale







No comments:

Post a Comment