Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 14.1

Well it's 9am and I'm sitting in All Star Dodge in Amarillo. Big Mac my dodge pick-up is having some trouble..... Seems 2nd gear in the transmission doesn't want to work... But first I'll back up a couple days....

Day 12 Pasquale and I arrived at Palo Duro Canyon. We found out we had no cell service or enet service while in the canyon. We did have cell service on top of the canyon at the main gate but no enet. That explains why the blogs have been quite for a couple days.

After arriving at Palo Duro the first thing Pasquale said was, "IT'S HOT!!". "Let's go back to Silverton!" I have to admit I felt the same way. Knowing we couldn't and we were stuck in Texas we went ahead and set-up camp. After which we went and hid in the camper with the a/c cranked down to sub-zero...

We napped and read and watched movies till about 4:30pm when we headed out for a hike. Directly behind our campsite was a dry creek bed. We followed it to another dry creek bed which headed into a small canyon. We followed this creek/canyon aways looking for arrow heads. We didn't find any arrow heads but we found some cool rocks.... We finally went as far as we thought we needed to and than we decided to climb out of the canyon up almost to the top of a mesa.... it was awesome....

When we got back to camp we thought we'd head up to the main gate and make some phone calls BUT while preparing the camper for the drive up I locked the keys to the camper in the camper...... Long story short, I have AAA and called for roadside service BUT they only unlock cars not RV's although I have AAA RV Plus..... They put me in touch with a locksmith and he told me he'd come unlock the camper for $100 paid with credit card.

I told him to come on..... After he arrived and unlocked the camper I ask him if he gave a cash discount and he smiled and said ya.... $50 cash and he was gone..... It turned out he was from out of town, the company he works for had him staying in Amarillo covering the locksmith there so the regular locksmith could take the weekend off. It was $50 cash in his pocket....

We got everything unlocked and into the camper about 10:30pm just in time to shower and get some rest, long day..................

Sunday June 12 actully day 13 of our trip/adventure Pasquale and I did the Palo Duro State Park Jr Conseravtionalist Program. Didn't take him but a couple hours and he had it done. The differernce between the Texas program and Federal program is in Texas you have to buy the patch for $3...

We chilled in the camper during the heat of the day.... Waitting for my bestfriend and family to meet Payton and I at the Canyon to see the play Texas. We watched a movie and read a little till it was time to head to theater.

We had a great steak dinner from The Big Texan Steak House.... Pasquale can eat steak 8 days a week. AND a ton of peach cobbler!! The Play is a Musical and the biggest problem I had with it was the cowboys looked a little gay! BUT it was good and the kids enjoyed it.... Pasquale liked that Quanah Parker the Comanche Chief was in the play and the boys got to take a picture with him....









We've been here at Jade's & Tanya's a couple days and Pasquale's been playing with Harmin my God Son and they have hit it off great. Best of friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment