Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 9.1

WOW did we have a BIG day yesterday! We went to San Jaun Adventure to rent the jeep. I let Pasquale pick out which color and he picked red. It was a small two door jeep I wish we had taken pictures of it but we didn't. We nicknamed the jeep "Little Red".

When we were in the more difficult parts of the climb up the mountains i would talk to her.... " Come on, Little Red. Getty-Up Little Red! Yaw, naw Little Red! Get up THAT hill Little Red!". Like a mule skinner would, and Pasquale thought this was hilarious for some reason.... At times I was doing it to make him laugh, others I was doing it cause it made ME feel better...... It was STEEP!!

We did the Apline Loop! From Silverton to Lake City through Cinnamon Pass. Engineer Pass is still closed. We made it up to the dozier that's trying to clear the snow from Engineer. That was my main reason to come here and it was worth ever minute of it....

We took lot's of pictures and had two snowball fights Pasquale won, only because he had gloves and the snow was WAY cold! The San Jaun Moutians are Awesome! A 4-wheeler is a blast BUT you can cover so much more with a jeep. It almost makes me want to get a jeep just for this cause I know I'm coming back to do this again.

1 Elk, 2 Mulies, 1 Beaver, Thousands of Chipmunks and Groundhogs...............No Fish

Today's the train and tomorrow is the some rock hounding and maybe some more gold panning...























No comments:

Post a Comment