Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 8.1











WOW!! What a day yesterday. We went to a San Jaun Adventure yesterday (that's where our neighbor from texas works) to get the low down and 411 on the area, and boy did we.... We came back we details and everything we need to make a plan of attack on Silverton.

From the pics you can see we did a ride out to the Alpine loop and the Hundred Gold Mine. Pasquale love the ore cart ride into the the mine. And he just about panned them out of pretty rocks and copper. We did pan a little gold BUT not near enough to pay for trip.

We bought our train tickets yesterday and we'll be riding the train from Silverton to Durango Wednesday. We'll ride in a bus back that will take us half the day. The other half we plan some site seeing in Silvetron and shopping. WHO EVER GOT THIS KID STUCK ON SHOPPING I SHOULD BEAT WITH A STICK!!   OMG!!!

For those who don't know me WELL..... I HATE TO SHOP! Period... Only because I have to do I enter a store and when I do I have a list. Bing a Boom and I'm out of there...... This kid has drug me through EVERY gift shop between Houston Tx. and here we've past. When we are on the highway and a gift shop is coming up on a exit ahead I through $3 of quarters in the back seat of my pick-up and tell him if he finds them all he can have them so we don't have to stop.... He's back there digging round and I blow by the exit......  So far I'm nine rolls of quarters into this trip.....

(Again for those who don't know me I'm kidding. I do that a lot.......Kid...... If your not having fun give it to me and I'll show ya what your doing wrong with it........ Bout the quarters anyway not this kids desire to shop!)

Last night we went back to Durango and went to the BAR D Chuck wagon Supper and Show. Being I pretty much live in a rv park where music is the key this was right up my alley. The Wranglers where great. Pasquale even liked them and the cowboy songs as much as I did. After the show we had to shop the CD both (the kid again) an I had to buy 6 CD's..... (See what I'm talking about!)

We left Durango head back to Silverton about 9:30 pm and it's about am hour and half drive across the mountains back. I saw 2 mule deer, 6 Porcupines, 1 Beaver, a Wolf or Coyote (couldn't tell for sure), 1 Elk, and a hole lot of twist and turns all while Pasquale slept.

Today we are headed to rent a jeep and head way out in the mountains where we hope to fish. The 4-wheeler would just take to long to get there. Tomorrow the train and the next more 4-wheeler.... BIG time.............

No comments:

Post a Comment