Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thoughts & Reviews.............

I thought I'd give my thoughts and reviews of some of the places we stayed and things we did..

Coyote Ranch Resort Rv Park
Wichita Falls Tx.
http://coyoteranchresort.com/
Although we where at this Rv Park after hours and really didn't get to meet with any employees of the park I did speak to them on the phone a couple of times. The people I spoke with were vary helpful. The web site was a good representation of the park.

The park driveways and rv spots are concrete and level. Everything is well lighted and easy to find. Although the park sits of the highway it was easy to find. I had to exit the highway and double back on the feeder to get to the park, but in the morning it was an easy access to the highway and northbound again.

All the amenities were first class. The bathrooms and showers were clean and family friendly. They have a swimming pool and a small water playground for kids. This would be a great place for an extended stay if you were in the Wichita Falls area.....


Santa Fe Koa

The Santa Fe Koa was par for most Koa's. No swimming pool. It had a play ground and a small game room but the only thing in the game room was a pool table. I would only recommend this park for a overnight stop if you had to stay in Santa Fe Nm. The spot we stayed in wasn't perfectly level but good enough for the overnight.

KOA Cortez Co.

This was one of the better KOA's. Vary helpful staff, nice and easy parking, level spots, and a heated pool. We only stayed here for one night it was vary comfortable and nice. I would recommend it and could stay there for extended periods of time if need be. We woke up in the morning with deer in our back yard..... Nice Park.

Mesa Verde
Cortez Co.

Mesa Verde was par for the course for National Parks. Nothing real fancy, but it is in a beautiful place. Lots of wildlife and a rumor of bears. Our campsite was semi level but easy in and out with camper and the restrooms where close by. We had to drive to the showers they were in the gift shop area. Everything was clean and nice. I enjoyed the stay vary much, the only way to see Mesa Verde.

Silverton Co.

The Rv Park we stayed in Silverton was an older Rv Park which had been recently reopened. I can't remember the name of it, but you can get the info about it by calling A & B Rv Park in Silverton they operate together.

There where major repairs being done while we stayed there. It was "Under Construction" you might say. That was fine with me, the park served it's purpose. That purpose was it's the only Rv Park in Silverton you have direct access to the trails and roads into the wilderness. You can drive your atv out of the park and directly onto the roads that lead into the Alpine Loop.

The owners and operators were vary nice and helpful. The camp sites were level and the restrooms and showers were freshly painted and always clean. This Park isn't a Coyote Ranch by no means but vary nice. No pool. Not much as far as other activities but we enjoyed the park all the same.... No frills but great service.

Capuline Rv
Capuline Nm.

Once again we only stayed here one night. The Rv park was easy to find and easy to get into and out of. The sites where level and the amenities clean. The only bad thing I have to say is each site shares electric service so if each needs 30 amp one rig has to use a 50 amp - 30 amp adapter. The Rv Park was nice enough to loan me one. (I'll be putting on in my rig)


The owners / operators were nice and helpful. This was the cheapest of the parks we stayed in but it would probably receive higher marks for cleanliness. Also the owners are Christians and there are Bible quotes around the park, and I liked that.

Really the only reason I can see going to Capulin Nm. would be to see the volcano, and I would suggest this park to someone if the planned to stay over night...


That's all the Rv Parks we stayed in on this trip. I think we were lucky, all the parks where nice and I would stay in all of them again if I needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment