Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 4.1 Cortez Co.

I woke again at 4am (local). This time to turn on the heater, it got COLD......  I went right back to sleep til 5:30am. That was it, I knew nap time was over. Plus I could see the sunrising over the Rockies and I had to bale out of this camper and check it out.

Yap I could get use to this. I brewed my coffee and am sitting out here typing this in the COOL mountain air and having the best cup Folgers ever made....... Cortez Co sits at the foot of the Rockies and the northern edge of the high desert. It was hot when we got here yesterday but as soon as the sun started to set the temps fell with it...

Yesterday as we left Shiprock Nm. we got a glimpse of the snow covered peaks of the Rockies in Colorado. Pasquale was pumped, at first he keep telling me it was only clouds. But finally he could really see some peaks and from then on he was all he want to know....... WHEN DO WE GET THERE???

We stopped at Four Corners and did the Four Corners thing. Pasquale thought it was pretty cool when I told him he was doing something nobody else had done in or immediate family. He enjoyed shopping the open market but didn't find anything he couldn't live without.

Today it's Mesa Verde not far from where we are camped now. We need to head to Wal-Mart first than we'll go check into Mesa Verde. Pasquale has no idea what's in store although we've talked about it all the way here...

Tug












Right Now Sunny Today Tonight Tomorrow
Mostly Sunny Clear Sunny
Sunny Mostly Sunny Clear Sunny
31°F 81° 39° 90°
Feels Like: 26°
High Low High
Past 24-hr:
Precip: 0 in
Snow: 0 in
Chance of Precip:
0%
Chance of Precip:
0%
Chance of Precip:
0%
Wind:
From NE at 5mph
Wind:
SSW at 12 mph
Wind:
ESE at 8 mph

Wind:
S at 13 mph




No comments:

Post a Comment