Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 6.2

It's 10:22pm and I thought I'd Blog a bit......

Today Pasquale and I made it to Silverton Co. The drive from Durango was great. We stopped twice to have snowball fights. (Pics to follow.) The score was 1 Pas. 0 Tug. Silverton is awesome, I want to move here. Until the first snow fall anyway. Talking to some folks here, it was only a week ago it snowed three feet. There is none of that left here in town but up the mountains they say there is plenty.

Sadly I found out one of the two passes I plan to atv is still closed. Blocked by snow. But the other lesser of the two passes is open. We still have plenty of atv trails to ride and plan to start real soon. We've been pointed to a man who may know where some fish are biting too.

I know already 5 days here will not be enough. There might have to be a second trip this summer, matter of fact I may only return home to drop Pasquale off and return here next time off. 30 years of that boiling Texas heat is enough. All you Crazies who tolorate it year after year might be one less Crazy.

Our neighbor here in the Rv Park is from Dallas. He works up here during the summer, I ask for an application and think I may have an interview at his office in the morning. The position is to haul atv's to staging areas for customers who rent them and to recover atv's customers break. The pay cannot compare to tow boating but who cares the scenery makes up for that ten fold......

Well it's time to catch some z's. Pasquale is already out, I think we're still recovering from the Mesa Verde tours yesterday. Today we cleaned house and did laundry, had a monster hamburger from a great cafe in town, and drove around a little to get a feel for the place..

Also I uploaded Pasquale being swore in as Jr. Ranger on Facebook I couldn't get it to load here....

Loving life in the San Jauns.............

Tug

No comments:

Post a Comment